Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pear Apple Ginger Juice

I had gotten these wonderful pears from the Farmer's Market, and in typical Becky fashion, I let then get a wee bit too ripe on the counter.  So before they completely disintegrated, I figured I would juice them.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pear Apple Ginger Juice
3 pears
1 apple*
2 celery stalks
1" piece of fresh ginger
Juice of 1 lime
*Sweet Tango, if you have not tried these yet,  you owe it too yourself, they are AMAZING!

I must say, for being an "on the fly" juice combination, this was really good.  Clean and refreshing, and it made a TON.  I'd say almost 3 cups.

Some notes about juicing pears:

Soft pears will often clog your juicer as they can block the holes in the sieve of the juicing screen in masticating juicers, like the Omega 8006.  

Juicing screen is on the left
For this reason, I tried to alternate the pear segments with the hard fleshed ingredients such as the apple and celery to help the juice flow through the juicer. 

Pure, fresh pear juice can be a very thick for some peoples tastes, (especially my better-half), so you may to prefer to dilute it with other fruits and vegetables, or add some filtered water.  

I did both. Even though I alternated the pears with the harder fruits and veggies, I still poured some water into the juicer, which cleared out a bit of the pear pulp that was stuck in the screen.  But, even after all that, L still found it to be too thick, so I poured the remaining juice in a glass bottle and froze for a later day.

This actually worked out well, because it became the base of a smoothie which I had for breakfast this morning:

BONUS Breakfast Smoothie:
1 cup flax milk, vanilla flavored
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 frozen banana
1 cup of pear apple ginger smoothie, half frozen
1 tbsp hemp protein powder

Blend and drink to start you day off great ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Right now I am about to yse my trusty old blender to whip up a smoothee. Ooh but who would've thunk it pears, and I love the ginger with it, and the fact that the juice became a multi tasker for your breakfast too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are going to juice with the omega, consider buying a juice press. it cold presses every bit of juice out of the fruit/veggies. no screen needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you are going to juice with the omega, consider buying a juice press. it cold presses every bit of juice out of the fruit/veggies. no screen needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. All parts like the jug, filter basket, large pulp collector are dishwasher safe, easy to clean and fix again.
    Juicer for Leafy Greens
    Juicer for Greens
    best juicer under $100

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juices for your health
    if you would like to eat differnt falour of juices then you must have Best juicer for celery to make your juice. there are different types of juicers like Best

    masticating juicer for celery
    ,Best

    breville juicer for celery
    ,Best

    omega juicer for celery
    which are mostly use in the homes and office or local shops of celery juicers.

    ReplyDelete