Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mint and Chocolate, the Perfect Pair

So, I went a bit overbaord with the Halloween cupcakes, but hey, Halloween's my birthday, so I should go overboard.

This batch was CHOCOLATE!

Here they are naked, fresh from the oven ^.^ I dripped the batter everywhere!!

Naked Chocolate Cupcakes!

As always, I used my "go-to" recipe for vegan chocolate cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World.  This recipe is a little different from the golden vanilla in that it uses canola oil for the fat instead of Earth Balance, but believe me, it is equally as yummy.

I did find that many of my friends do not like "chocolate" cupcakes, and much rather prefer the vanilla.  I'm not exactly sure why there's this bias against chocolate cupcakes, but that's ok... more for me!

I thought I'd try something different with the buttercream frosting for these, so I used 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of mint:


The result: Chocolate and Minty goodness:

Chocolate Cupcakes with Minty Frosting

Chocolate Cupcakes with Minty Frosting

Tomorrow's post will NOT be about cupcakes, I promise! ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Who doesn't like chocolate cupcakes?! What weirdos. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to prefer vanilla, but not anymore. Send those chocolate cupcakes my way! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mint and chocolate together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, happy birthday! My 4-year-old celebrated his Halloween Birthday with those same cupcakes! But his were adorned (per his request) with pink frosting ghosts. Mint sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink ghosts sound awesome!! ^_^ Nothing like a chocolate cupcake to celebrate a b-day

    ReplyDelete