Sunday, July 22, 2012

Apple Carrot & Ginger Juice

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My new juicer has arrived, and I could not be more thrilled!  This deliciously gorgeous golden orange concoction was the perfect maiden voyage for the Omega 8006 Multipurpose Juicer.

Here we have:

5 small carrots, organic, leaves removed
2 red delicious apples, cored
1/2" piece of ginger

Feed all items through the chute of the juicer, no need to peel.  Feel free to add more or less ginger, to taste.  It gives the juice a nice warm kick!  Drink and enjoy.

I am so excited about this new raw food juicing adventure.  And, I am especially pleased at how delicious the fresh carrot and apple juice tasted together.  I have a secret: I am not a huge fan of carrots, either raw or cooked.  If I add them to salads, I have to grate them quite fine, just to enjoy them.  They say carrots are good for the eyes, and my eye sight is terrible.  I can barely choke down a raw carrot, which I am sure did NOT help my eyesight in the least.  I remember, when I was little, watching Bugs Bunny crunch on carrots. I would eagerly try and imitate Bugs, gnawing through a chunky hunk of carrot, and hated every minute of it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Now, I hear that carrots are some of the most healing foods that provide top notch, quality nutrients, especially in their juice.  Carrots are excellent sources of pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6. They are also rich in biotin, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.

And, then there is beta-carotene, probably the first think one thinks of when considering carrots and their vibrant orange complexion.  Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that has healing virtues for many diseases.  A glass of this stuff a day will cure all that ails you!

So in juice form, I can not only tolerate the taste of 5 carrots at one time, I actually enjoy it.  I might almost go as far to say as I crave it!  The road to wellness is a long and winding path, but I think this juicing might be a step in the right direction.  ^_^

2 comments:

  1. i love this juice combo -- i call it GAC juice:) haha

    ReplyDelete