|Start your morning off with some Liquid Sunshine: |
Pineapple, Mango, Carrot, Apple & Ginger
~For a moment, I thought I had left the bowels of good ol' Woonsocket, RI and was instantly beamed to a remote and breezy tropical get-away... Well, not quite... but it was pretty close.
If you'd like to re-create this luscious experience at home, I invite you to give this juice combo a shot!
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 mango, peeled and cut away from the seed (tips for cutting mango here)
1 small apple
1" piece of ginger
I used a lot of Soft Fruits in the particular blend, which tend to get a bit foamy in our juicer's juicing screen, so I cut my carrots and apple up into 2" chunks, and alternated them between the pineapple and mango. This worked quite well, and kept the fruit foam to a minimum.
Now, I usually try and go a bit more heavy on the vegetables for juicing. However, the day prior, I had made a batch of fruit salsa for my buddy, Scott's birthday, and still had quite a bit of pineapple and mango leftover...
|Great stuff, recipe here|
Some nutritional highlights:
- Prevents cancer: the antioxidant compounds found in mangos have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers
- Lowers cholesterol: thanks to their high fiber, pectin and vitamin C
- Clears the skin: As their color suggests, mangos contain beta-carotene, which is converted by the body into vitamin A. Pair that with vitamin C, and you have some serious skin repair power.
- Healthy for the eyes: 25% daily needed value of vitamin A
- Alkalizes the whole body: Tartaric acid, malice acid and trace citric acid
- Improves digestion: Enzymes
- Boosts the immune system: vitamins A and C in mangos keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Sounds pretty good to me! And they taste like paradise, so how can you possibly go wrong? ^_^