Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Spicy, Smokey Tomatillo Salsa

Spicy, Smokey, GREEN Salsa (Elphaba)


Smoky, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde  

Recipe here, by Rita~ at Food.com.

TRY IT, you will NOT be disappointed!!

This had to have been one of the BEST homemade salsas I've EVER tasted.  Not only is this gorgeously green, refreshing and FULL of flavor, but it is so easy to make as well.

Because I was making this for a party, and was not sure the heat tolerance of all of the guests, I used  one (1) whole habanero, but only HALF of the seeds.  It was great, just the right hint of heat at the end.  Now that I've tasted it once, I know I can use the whole habanero; seeds and all, without it being too spicy.  The fresh herbs REALLY make this something else.  I LOVE cilantro, but the addition of fresh basil is simply PERFECT.  There was not a DROP of this left and everyone asked for the recipe.

I have seen quite a few roasted tomatillo salsa recipes here on Vegan MOFO, which I am dying to try because I love this one so...  If you have any you would like to recommend, spicy OR mild, please send them my way ^_^

LOL, a little home town team fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment