Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cookbook Challenge!

My cookbook collection has just about grown out of its alloted space - O N E whole bookshelf. Yes, that's right, I have one WHOLE bookshelf dedicated entirely to cookbooks.  To some, this might seem a bit excessive. Yet for a gal like me, who tends to read cookbooks like novels, I feel this is nothing short of wonderful!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Partial shot - Veganomicon was in the car...



To help put this monstrous collection to good use, I will be participating in the Post Punk Kitchen's 12-week cookbook challenge!  Starting January 10th, I will (attempt to) make at least three (3) recipes from the following Top 10 Vegan Cookbooks:


January 10 - Appetite for Reduction
January 17 - Veganomicon
January 24 - Urban Vegan
January 31 - Vegan with a Vengeance
February 7 - Eat, Drink & Be Vegan
February 14 - FREE choice week - Choose any cookbook. Dessert cookbook will be Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World or other.
February 21 - 500 Vegan Recipes
February 28 - American Vegan Kitchen
March 7 - Yellow Rose Recipes
March 14 - Viva Vegan
March 21 - Vegan Brunch
March 28 - Final Week! Free choice - choose any cookbook. Dessert cookbook will be Vegan cookies Invade your Cookie Jar


Now, most of these I already own, and thanks to the wonderful NOOK Color I received as a birthday gift from my mom (yay), I have two more: Viva Vegan and Appetite for Reduction.  (I treated myself... instant gratification is nice).


For the rest, I'll be hitting up the good 'ol Woonsocket library.  Not sure if they even have a cookbook section (or even a vegan cookbook section) but we shall see...


I the meantime, I wish my fellow PPKers happing cooking.  I'm off to pick some recipes... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment