Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2nd Avenue Vegetable Korma


Cookbook Challenge Week 1 - Appetite for Reduction


I can honestly say I have never had a "korma", but I have made my fair share of Indian inspired curries, slightly sweetened and made creamy with a can of coconut milk. Most of them don't really follow a recipe, and are more like a bit of this and that...

BUT, if I'm going to add coconut milk to my curry, what do I do??  I ADD THE WHOLE CAN!  This recipe has taught me restraint.  You don't need to add a whole can to make a deliciously light and creamy vegetable curry.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

What did help in this discovery was the fact that I had half a can of light coconut milk left over from making the sauce for the New Year's Samosas, but now thanks to that bit of luck, I am all the wiser. 

The original recipe calls for fresh zucchini, which I sadly did not have.  I did use chopped baby carrots, cauliflower, peas, and then tossed in about a cup of cooked chickpeas to make up for the missing zucchini.  They're buried in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment