Thursday, April 22, 2010

My search is over!



The newly renovated Dave's Marketplace here in Smithfield, RI had Bob's Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten!!  I've been looking for this EVERYWHERE, and have not been able to find it until now

I bought myself two bags in case I never find it again...

So....let the seitan experiments commence...

The infamous Seitan O'Greatness is going to be my first attempt. Any Post Punk Kitchen fan reading this will know exactlly what I am talking about.  For those of you unfamiliar, feel free to click the link above, and read all about the fun!

I have always been extremely intimidated at the thought of making seitan.  I've read countless cookbooks and blogs, describing the process, the DOs and DON'Ts, and I basically came to the conclusion that my attemps at making seitan would turn out to be a complete and utter F A I L U R E...

But then I read the description (the entire thread actually) of this Recipe O'Greatness, and thought "This can't be THAT hard"...

All the picutres I see of this thing look like a giant lunchmeat of some sort. Kinda cool, kinda different...I can't wait!

The only thing I'm personally planning to change in the recipe is the addition of cinnamon... (not really feelin' it).  Allspice is enough "earthy-ness" for me  But that is it. I figure I will make it once as written, and then play around with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment