Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Panko Stuffed Mushrooms - Veganomicon!

While searching for something fresh and new to try for the old-standy party appetizer, Stuffed Mushrooms, I came across this Asian inspired recipe in Veganomicon

photo by Chef ~Jen~ @ REcipezaar

So many ~Stuffed Mushroom~ recipes are drizzled in butter, or contain the obligatory "canned" crab in the stuffing. And, here in good ol' New England, most stuffed mushrooms I see at parties or receptions are filled with SAUSAGE... (those crazy Italians!!)

I firmly believe these tasty little bites pass they test for both vegans and meat-eaters alike!  And if daikon isn't an ingredient on your every-day pantry list, (I know it's not on mine too often), I subbed water chestnuts with no problem at all

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
photo by me :)

These would be a great starter for an "Asian themed" meal, as they can easily be prepared in advance (nice to know!! ) ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment