Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Birthday Cupcakes

St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  Buttercream Frosting from Joy of Vegan Baking, (mainly because I only had 2 cups of powdered sugar on hand, and that is exactly what Colleen's recipe called for).

A note on why these came to be:  My parents' birthdays are both in March.  My dad, Patrick, was born the day before St. Patrick's Day, and my mom, 100% Italian, was born on the day itself.  True irony...
I was lucky enough to find my green sanding sugar from Williams Sonoma burried in a box, so I didn't have to buy the pathetic-looking-excuse for green that Whole Foods had!  It looked more like transparent moss, than green. 

Here is what the Williams Sonoma sugar looks like, beautiful and sparkley!
And then, there are THESE:
I'm not sure how I feel about the green sillicone baking cups: the cupcakes took a good six minutes longer than usual, which does not make me happy...  But, they sure look cute! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment