Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vegan Cookies are Invading...

A friend of mine was kind enough to lend me her copy of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar and I went to town baking!

Oatmeal Raisin

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Amazing recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar! I think I like this oatmeal cookie recipe even better than the one from Joy of Vegan Baking (which I really, REALLY love). There is actually less sugar in this one, but it is all BROWN sugar so the flavor is really amazing! Original recipe in VCIYCJ called for soy milk, but I always use unsweetened almond milk. Baking time: 10 minutes = chewy, 12 mintues = crunchy. I like CHEWY :)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I actually used half raisin and half dried cranberries, since I only had a half cup of each...



Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Do yourself a favor: Make these NOW!!  You can actually find the recipe on the PPK blog here.  These cookies had the perfect blend of soft, crunch and chewy... I was a wimp, and cut the cayenne a bit, but I think next time I will make as written. 


I actually bought a bottle of chocoate extract for the express purpose of making these cookies, and it really, REALLY makes a difference in the intensity of the chocolate flavor.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


AND... last but not least in any way... 

THE chocolate chip cookie!!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Again, these are the perfect blend of crispy and chewy!

Please, do NOT be tempted to over cook your cookies.  If they look done, they're OVER-done.  Just be patient and let them cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then carefully move them to a rack to finish.

^_^

2 comments:

  1. I've never made the oatmeal raisin cookies, but they are on my list for the holiday season! The Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookie recipes of all time. The chocolate chip cookie recipe is my go to recipe, but I usually half the oil. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! The oatmeal raisin should be perfect for your holiday cookie assortment. I like that you cut the oil in half for the choco-chip, I think I might try that too, thanks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete